February 21, 2012

Wow there sure are lots of types of J-1 visas......

Even for those of us working for J-1 visa sponsors, we are often fascinated by the number of different types of J-1 visas offered by the U.S. Department of State. Many of the requirements for these J-1 visas are not only confusing to anyone actually seeking J-1 visa sponsorship, but also to the J-1 visa sponsorship community as a whole.

While AIESEC United States/Global Current is designated by the U.S. Department of State to sponsor J-1 Trainee and Intern programs, there are many other sponsors out there that are designated in other J-1 categories, such as Summer Work Travel or Professor and Research Scholar.

If you are pursuing a J-1 visa in a category other than trainee or intern, we recommend visiting the U.S. Department of State's designated J-1 visa information site: